Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Crap!

Those of you who've been reading this blog for a while would know that about 7 months back I mentioned that my car broke down and I ended up shelling out over 3 grand to have the engine reconditioned. I was told that this should keep it running well for at least a few more years. Well a couple of days ago on my way back from work, it broke down again. Dead as a dodo. We had to get it towed and expect it to be the internal computer that's kicked it. We can't afford a new car right now, and I'm worried about the expense of having it fixed. Everything else in life was going so well, that I should've expected something like this.

In better news, our annoying neighbour and her kids moved out a couple of weeks back. I think they were evicted actually. The new ones are a young couple who we haven't met, but I hope they'll be less bothersome.

9 Comments:

Blogger luckyluke said...

FIRST COMMENT! OMG! I ROCK!!!

Yeah, that's great that your skanky neighbour and her snot-nosed punk kids have moved out and that it is now safe for me to visit you and park in the street and not have to worry about being carjacked.

Is the girl in the couple cute? Might entice me to visit you...

7:41 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Luckyluke, I don't think you ever have to worry about anyone carjacking the Meteor!

I have not met the new couple, but I've been told the woman is pregnant.

12:21 PM  
Blogger luckyluke said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:14 PM  
Blogger luckyluke said...

Wait! You havent even met them yet, but you alreeady know she is pregnant? Who are you? Mrs Mangel???

2:16 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Lucyluke(sic), the landlord told us. After the trouble with the previous tenants she wanted us to have her number in case we became aware of anymore dodge goings on at her property.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Well that sucks a whole bunch!
Hopefully it won't cost too much to get fixed. Can't you take it back to the dolts that fixed it last and get them to do it on the cheap, seeing as how they didn't fix it properly in the first place?

3:39 AM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Steph, it cost about $600. I asked about how it related to the work from last time and apparently the computer is basically a different system in the car and the last work was mechanical stuff. The guy was sympathetic about the high cost, but didn't discount it.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

As the owner of a car that is close to dead myself...my sympathies to you. I myself can not afford a new car at the moment either.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Kris, but you have Wynonna now, so you don't need a car, right?

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home