Friday, February 23, 2007

The dreaded Huntsman.


If you are in or around our garage area at night, you are likely to see our huge (about the size of my hand with it's legs out) friendly neighbourhood huntsman spider. Now, as long as it stays the hell away from me and makes no attempts to enter our house, I'm ok with it it living. The dog sleeps in the garage too and hasn't complained about this other guest, so he/she must be alright. Come to think of it, the dog doesn't talk so if he did have a problem, it'd be hard to communicate it to me. But I digress.

The other night I was leaving work at 11:00pm and went out to the, by then empty carpark. As I was unlocking the door I glance at the roof of the car and there staring me in the face was the huntsman spider. As it was in the middle of the roof, the idea of trying to flick it off would have been a risky one, as these suckers can move pretty fast. As I already had the door open I quickly got in and had the stupid thought that maybe if the car was going fast enough it would fly off. Yeah right, as if an eight legged creature that can climb vertical surfaces and create sticky web is really going to have trouble moving about on my car. As I drove off I was very lucky I didn't crash on the way home cause every few seconds I was turning around to keep an eye on every window of the car. A short way into the journey I did see it crawling down the back window towards the boot. Long story short, I made it home safely and using my electric side mirrors to check the sides of my car I managed to leap out and close the door behind me without another sight of the horrid arachnid. The next day (in daylight) I checked the boot, but couldn't see it. Now I am filled with the dread that the awful beast has made it's nest somewhere in the innards of my vehicle. Anyone want to buy a 92 Magna with possible spider infestation?

5 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Oh noes! Best you get your whole car fumigated! I once had a big fat spider on my windscreen and almost killed myself doing 80 around corners to try and shake it off.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Steph, I reckon spiders in cars cause more accidents than anything. But I could be wrong...and probably am.

Kris, That's too bad....cause there's one behind you NOW!!! AHHHH!

11:22 PM  
Blogger luckyluke said...

Javatari, are you stealing your blog ideas from my films? Didn't I just make a film exactly like this??? Next, you'll be posting about a deranged librarian who chased you because of an overdue library book!!!

'Fidget'...in cinemas, June 4th.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

luckyluke, if you ever told me that 'Fidget' was about a spider in a car, honestly it didn't register. All I know about that film is that you put your thesis on hold to smell some yellow goop from a car windshield or something like that.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Kris, I'm a lover, not a killer.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home