Saturday, December 09, 2006

Bright lights.

We've all seen them. Perhaps you live in one? Those houses that every year around this time make the power companies rich by lighting up brighter than Chernobyl with lighting decorations. You'll be driving at night and suddenly become distracted by some bright lights made up of luminous Santas, reindeer, candy canes, icicles and various other gaudy christmas accoutrements. Chrismas whores I say! Fire hazard I exclaim! Ugly eyesores, I bitch! Why someone would go to the trouble of dressing up the house with electric lights to draw attention to themselves is beyond me. Some spend a small fortune redecorating their front yards to look like a European Christmas scene. If this is how the outside looks, I'd hate to see the inside. It's no wonder they call it the silly season with behaviour like that. What would baby Jesus think, I wonder? Still I suppose the kids must like it. Just call me scrooge. What do others think about extreme Xmas decor?

NB. I am happy to announce that my Blogger commenting problem seems to have been fixed.
Also I did not steal the idea for this post from Halfheartedhack, as it was in draft before I noticed that she had posted a very similar gripe.

8 Comments:

Blogger luckyluke said...

Of course, why draw attention to yourself by decorating you house and bringing goodwill to the community when you can draw attention to yourself by starting a blog and bitching about the same community? You suck, man! No wonder I never visit this blog anymore...except now...but then that's it...until next time...

FU Javatari, you grinch!!!!

3:48 AM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Luckyluke, yeah, whatever. We still on for that DVD night buddy?

PS. I hope your herpes clears up soon. ;-)

3:15 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

I am okay with tastefully done lighting displays. I hate it when it looks like their gargage threw up and the lighting display is a result of a bad Christmas taco.

Glad you got your comments fixed.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Kris, even the tastfully done ones look pretty gaudy. I'm sure you have a lighting display of line dancers outside your house. ;-p

4:49 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Javatari- Actually they are in my room!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Cinders said...

I love love love fairy lights but I can't stand the disgusting display of wealth one neighbour feels like he has to share every year. You know those luminated $300 massive Santas - arrange a couple of them in your fenced off front yard and you're getting warmer? WTF for I want to know!!!
ps. wait for your kidlets to get to that nagging stage.. "daddy, please please put up the lights...."

1:22 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

It's like the Griswalds on crack where i live. My neighbours try to outdo each other and it's like the middle of the day at night time.
Ghastly. Bah humbug, etc, etc.

2:05 AM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Linda, my kids can put up the Christmas lights themselves. Bah Humbug!

Steph, good to see you back. Griswalds on crack is much more poetic than I could have put it.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home