Monday, November 27, 2006

Bad TV and Good Website

I happened to see some of the Australian version of 'Comic Relief' recently and I have to say that although it wasn't very comical, it was certainly a relief when I turned off the TV. The concept is a great charity idea, but to keep people interested and donating money, any TV charity has to be either quite funny or at least entertaining. This was neither. They had dredged up some awful, old comedy acts such as 'Kylie Mole', from 'The Comedy Company', a show that hasn't been on TV for years. Most of the other skit stuff that I saw was incredibly weak, even though some of it was coming from comedians who I normally find hilarious. I felt that it could have benefited from more decent stand up comics doing bits, rather than the too tired sketch comedy approach that they went for. Did anyone else see this? And find it amusing?

Now to balance this post out with something positive. I recently bought some perfume online for my lovely wife for Christmas (getting in early this year). The site that I went to was www.strawberrynet.com and I have to say that it is a good business. I believe it is based in Hong Kong and the prices are pretty damn good. The thing that prompted me to praise them like this is that the shipping was free! And to make it almost too good to be true I received the package in only 4 days! In my pervious overseas internet business dealings this is almost unheard of. So if you're looking to get some perfume or aftershave or anything like that I'd suggest you check out www.strawberrynet.com .
P.S. This is an unpaid and unprompted advert, and from me that's rare. :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Ohh I'm so on it. Thanks Merlo!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Steph, let me know if you have the same positive experience that I did.

10:04 PM  
Blogger redcap said...

That Comedy Relief thingo was a stinking pile of excrement, wasn't it?

4:23 AM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Redcap, indeed it was crap. I generally enjoy comedy gala/charity type shows, but that brought down my opinion of them.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home