Monday, December 04, 2006

You get what you pay for

Ok, now I'm pissed! A couple of weeks back I moved to that Blogger Beta thing and since then I've had nothing but problems. Firstly I can't browser blogs in Firefox like I use to, cause the comments go all crazy. Secondly, instead of just being able to sign in with my username, I have to use an email address. And thirdly I've had some issues with uploading photos, but that is a normal Blogger problem, so I'm not too annoyed about that. I would have put up with all this without comment, but for the last few days when I've tried to comment on some of my favourite blogs (while logged in as myself) I get this message: "Error We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to process your request at this time. Our engineers have been notified of this problem and will work to resolve it."
I get this on 80% of the blogs I have attempted to comment on recently.
Not only is it a crime for the blogging world to be denied of my humorous and witty comments (also modest), but other bloggers might think that I haven't been visiting their sites for a bit! So to anyone who may be thinking this (don't laugh, there might be someone!), I apologies on behalf of Blogger. I have a good mind to write someone an angry email. If anyone has experienced similar issues (and can still send comments), please let me know. I suppose we get what we pay for. Apart from these incidents I really like Blogger and think that in general it's a good web application.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

Blogger beta gave me some shit a couple of weeks ago, and I did what all us Americans do...sent an angry e-mail telling them I was meeting them out at the flagpole after school if they didn't fix the problem.

They fixed the problem.

9:07 PM  
Blogger BEVIS said...

What an excellent way to mask the fact that you haven't been visiting certain people's blogs lately!

Blame the system, and then allow the bloggers in question to assume you've been trying to leave comments for them/us (it's me, isn't it), because they're oh-so-popular (yeah, it's me), but damn Blogger is at fault!

Brilliant.

Also: Oh, to be an angry American. We'd get so much more done that way.

I am resisting Blogger Beta as long as I can. Give them a chance to sort out all the problems as much as possible before I start wading into that little cesspool! I know just how to circumnavigate my way around most of the Blogger 'Alpha' problems, thank you very much. I don't need to learn a whole new set of problems just yet. Not when there's so much television to review at the moment! And Muppet questions to be answered! This stuff won't write itself, you know.

I also hate having to re-confirm that I want to view the page (because of Blogger Beta's "nonsecure items") every time I preview or publish a comment, etc.

2:18 AM  
Blogger BEVIS said...

BTW, your new avatar ... is that meant to be hurtful?!

It looks like my avatar's mother (or father in drag) sitting in a jar of preserving liquid!

2:24 AM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Kris, if I wasn't so lazy about such things I would have already sent off such an email.

Bevis, no I am boycotting your TV blog until you put the last couple of TGYH reviews up!!! ;-) Actually I think your blog either allows me to comment, or I haven't commented in the last few days on it. I have read it though!

And yes my avatar is a pickled version of Kermit's nephew. ;-)

3:32 PM  
Blogger BEVIS said...

It's only the very last TGYH recap that's missing ... but I've left a comment on my "Another Mega Car Rally" post about your grievances. :)

7:16 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Bevis, I appreciated you posting my comment there, in spite of Bloggers attempts to shut me down with software bugs. ;-)

1:38 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

Dude how do you know I am female...I could be transsexual?

YOU BEEN PEEPING IN THE GIRLS LOCKER ROOM AGAIN HAVEN'T YOU?!

thanks for linking me..btw

And you e-mail blogger beta yet?

7:19 AM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Kris, I can change that to 'shemale' if you like? ;-)

I don't quite understand your last question. I've never used blogger email. I sent a message to Blogger about my commenting problem on certain blogs, but don't know if it's fixed yet.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home