Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Blog rest

I am taking a blogging vacation. I have been less and less inclined to write about stuff recently and have a lot going on in the real world, so have decided to formally give myself a blog break. I believe such things aren't entirely uncommon. Last year was my first year of actually trying to write online stuff, and quite frankly I'm suprised I posted as much as I did. I may not post for a month or maybe more. I will try and stop by some of my favourite blogs to say hi, or make some stupid comment, but don't expect to see much action here for at least a few weeks. I'd also like to say thanks to anyone who has ever posted a comment here....unless they've been mean, those people can go to hell. ;-)

As well as being my first year blogging, 2006 was my first full year as a parent, the year our second child was conceived, the year I finished my 3rd uni degree, the first full year in my current job, the year we bought our first house, the year when one of my sets of grandparents both died, as well as lots of other stuff happening that I can't bring to mind now.

So this is goodbye for now, but not forever. Mwwhaaaahaah!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Cinders said...

That was a massive year - see you when you get back. Happy New Year!

1:04 AM  
Blogger BEVIS said...

Ah, crap.

Oh well, stay safe and well, my friend. And look after your wife! I hope to keep hearing from you, and wish you well for the months ahead.

(Not a semi-colon out of place.)

2:35 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

Have a nice respite and it better be because you are spending more time catering to your wifey. =P

If not a got a nice field hockey stick she could beat you with.

2:30 PM  
Blogger BEVIS said...

BTW, do you remember "John B"? He used to visit my blog a bit about a year ago but he's not around anymore. You don't have an email address for him, do you? He left me a Muppet question last January and I've finally answered it (extremely late, I know - but not forgotten, you see?), and I don't know how to tell him it's up there. Oh well, I guess it's not that important. Maybe he'll stumble across it someday, or perhaps he still reads my blog without commenting. I wouldn't know. Enjoy your break.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Linda, thanks, right back at you.

Bevis, I still look forward to an instructional post on the use of semi-colons.

Kris, that's part of the plan. Although the beating with the hockey stick sounds kinky. ;-)

Bevis, John B can bugger off and take his muppet questions with him. ;-)

10:18 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Ohhh!!Far out. A girl turns her back for a few days and all hell breaks loose.

Well not really, i just like saying "all hell breaks loose".

Sweets, I totally understand. I'm struggling myself and toss up every day whether to keep this blog capper going another year.

Take care of yourself and your family.
Hope you come back soon. xx

12:27 AM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Steph, thanks. Try not to injure yourself again anytime soon. I'll have to keep an eye on you. ;-)

3:05 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

I miss you man! How is wifey doing? How are you doing..my life is so much duller since you stopped blogging.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Kris, if that comment is not sarcastic (I'm suspicious of everyone, sorry ;-) ), that's very sweet of you, but I'm sure your life is never dull, especially with your current training regime. The wife is well and only has a couple of months left till baby no.2 arrives.

I do hope to get back to blogging, maybe at least once a week before the end of Feb.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

I am being serious. I miss you. I miss updates. I hope you are rubbing wifey's feet a lot.

By the way check your mail...






You checked your inbox didn't you.

Cheeky monkey. Wrong one.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home