Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Good news everyone!

I have two pieces of good news. The first is that my wife got me a Test Tube Alien! It does say ages 7+ on the packet and I'm 31 so it must be ok for me to use right? Ok, ok, she bought me a kids toy cause she knew I'd like it. Or as I tell people, "I'm interested in the technology behind it." But that's just to save face. In reality I have the heart of a small boy......in a jar on my shelf.

Oh and I almost forgot*, my wife had her second pregnancy ultrasound this morning and we're having a boy! The due date is in April, so there's still some time to wait, but it'll be great having two babies. My wife has got away without too much discomfort so far, but last night not long after I'd joined her in bed, she suddenly felt nauseous (I'm pretty sure it was a coincidence that I'd just joined her!) and had to rush to the bathroom. Thankfully she made it out of our carpeted bedroom, but unfortunately didn't make it any further than the wooden floorboards of the hallway, before vomiting everywhere. Amazingly this was outside the baby's bedroom and she didn't even wake up. You know its love when you are cleaning up someone's upchuck in the middle of the night without thinking about strangling them.

(* I was joking when I wrote that I 'almost forgot' about the ultrasound!)

11 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

The fact that worst thing you have to do is clean up puke and not push a 10lb watermelon out of your butt...I think you won't be complaining much during the pregnancy.

Congratulations on the good news!

You know what I heard pregnant wives really love (besides sex) is foot massages.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Kris, haha on the watermelon comment! I am nice enough that I very much empathise with the suffering my wife goes through. Obviously I can't share the physical side of the birth, but I feel really bad watching her go through the pain.

As for your last comment...*bzzz, bzzz*....your transmission's breaking up..*bzzz, bzzz*...didn't get anything apart from sex.

10:00 PM  
Blogger jeut said...

ive been looking very closely at those things lately and contemplating getting one. how are they? much trouble? does it live up to the hype? etc :)

10:22 AM  
Blogger jeut said...

oh yeah, im talking about the test tube alien thing - not the pregnancy :-P hahaha

congratulations!!!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Jeut, the test tube alien is like a high tech version of that social science experiment where you look after an egg like it's a child. Kind of like tamagochi in a test tube, except you actually do feed it a physical substance which allows its body to grow (the head is made of plastic). Once fully grown they survive on water. You also have to make sure they get 12 hours light and 12 hours dark each day, otherwise their lifelight flashes in a different way. They are also supposedly 'web interactive', but I'm not sure how that part works yet and I suspect the interactive part is very limited. I believe they cost about $25AU. I think it's pretty cool. But then again I also keep a shrunken head on my desk. ;-)

Thanks for the congrats.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Cinders said...

Congratulations, little boys are too cute, just the other day mine said "when I get bigger I want to be a lady". don't know where to go with that one yet.....

Comedy relief?? I turned it off after 10 minutes I think. It was really bad.

Bloggers Dinner - All were invited. You just needed to RSVP and hand over some cash. We don't mind hairy legs.

6:57 PM  
Blogger BEVIS said...

CONGRATU-FABU-LATIONS!!

That's fantastic, dude - well done!

Now you'll have the complete set!

(I know you ... that's what you were thinking!)

:)

Please say 'Well done' to your good lady wife from us.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Linda, I'd keep an eye on that lad of yours. ;-)

And I don't need a pity invite! *(runs and cries in a corner)*

Bevis, indeed. Human beings, collect them all! I will also congratulate the wife on sleeping with me.

12:30 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Bless your cotton socks! Congrats on the baby boy, lets just hope he doesn't take after his hold man ;)

5:34 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Steph, thanks. I'm not sure who his, 'hold' man is meant to be, so I doubt he'll take after him. ;-)

6:45 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Typo. Bite me!!! :P

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home