Monday, March 05, 2007

So I'm unfit again.

After a break of a few months I finally got back to Ninjutsu training last night. And it damn near killed me! In my time off I did bugger all exercise (mostly because of the heat). Well no where near the amount required to get the heart rate up properly. As a result of throwing myself back in and turning up on a night where they were having black belt training stuff, it was a case of too much too soon. I did part of the previous class as well and about two thirds of the way into the b.belt class I was ready to throw up on my opponent as I felt that exhausted. I had to pull out a bit early and just sit down. Not only did I physically feel like crap, but I felt like I was letting my training partner down. I must get my fitness back up to an acceptable level. What is hard is that in my job I'm pretty much sitting down for nearly 12 hours straight for each shift. I don't think my boss would accept the idea of replacing our chairs with exercise bikes or treadmills though.

6 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Get a fitball my friend. Bounce around on that and do a few excercises and stretches. It's actually better for your back muscles than a chair too.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Steph, I had a fitball until my wife rolled it into something sharp on the floor and burst it!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Here is a tip, if you quit exercising it takes your body anywhere from about 5-10 days to return the starting point of non-cardiovascular fitness, etc. However if you decrease your amount or intensity by half you can still maintain your fitness level. So get in 5 minutes rather than none at all. Maybe I should follow my own advice instead of being a wanker.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Kris, you're never a wanker. I'd say you're a lot fitter than me currently.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

I certainly did not feel fit after today's race.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Kris, I've since been back to training when it wasn't a higher level class and I survived ok.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home