Friday, November 02, 2007

Random news

My sister has gone to work in the US (in LA I believe). Originally she was going to the states for training to help set up an office in France, but for some reason they must have liked her in the States and have decided to keep her there for now. She's coming back to OZ this week to go to a friend's wedding and we'll get to catch up with her then. It's a shame that the kids won't get to see one of their aunties very often, as she's back to the US by the end of the week.

I have to admit that I've gone back to facebook. I still don't like it and spend very little time there (less than I do here). I don't have a problem with people looking up some old friend to see if they want to catch up, etc, but it's a bit silly when you see people adding more friends everyday than anyone could possibly ever communicate with. (end rant)

I can't believe it's already nearly the end of another year! It's true that time seems to go faster as you get older. The only consolation about this for me is family. It's good to watch your kids learn more every day and enjoying things such as Christmas more each year. This Christmas will be the first our 2 year old really understands what's going on. She gets the idea of gift giving and loves having the extended family around so there are others to lavish attention on her (typical woman), so it should be a good Christmas. I really know I'm getting older, now that I'm starting to sound like a Hallmark card!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

A old dude on Facebook. How cool :P

1:12 AM  
Blogger Javatari said...

StephDamn whipper-snappers and their fancy blog templates!
I'm 32, which is the new 18....if you divide it by 2 and then add 2.

3:08 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

So does this mean I can't add you as a friend on facebook?

9:43 PM  
Blogger luckyluke said...

Javatari,

re:friend hoarders...I hope you are not pointing the finger at any of your Facebook friends in particular. I can honestly say that I am very close to all of my 8,465 friends (just added 387 more today!) and each of them are on my Chrtistmas card list...yep, one bulk Facebook message to all of them on the 23rd of December wishing them my best should do the trick! Hey, it's the thought that counts, right?

12:31 AM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Kris, if you're on facebook, you can send me a friend request, and I'll send you the appropriate forms for you to fill out to apply to be my friend. ;p If you know my real name of course.

luckyluke, that bulk christmas message was more than I got from you last year! ;)

12:19 PM  
Blogger luckyluke said...

Are you kidding me? A remote controlled flaming popcorn box is the gift that just keeps on giving!

2:08 AM  
Blogger BEVIS said...

I'm with LuckyLuke. That present rocks.

And don't worry, Kris - I'll tell you Javatari's real name ...








... no I won't. And he won't tell you mine. Top secret, that stuff is.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home