Friday, August 31, 2007

The consoling console

I've just returned from being without my computer for a little while and I actually survived. You see I was tinkering around inside it and surprisingly it didn't come back on afterwards. This was fairly late in the evening and so after a couple of unsuccessful attempts at fixing it, I went to bed. I had to work the next few days so it didn't really bother me that much. But I've just had 3 days off and it was only on the last of these days that I really put any effort into trying to fix the thing. As I work in IT, I don't usually like to mess around with technical computing stuff on my days off. Anyway it turns out that one of the sticks of RAM had gone haywire and stopped working. So now my computer runs, but slowly.

I know you're probably wondering how I survived for 3 days of being home without using my computer. Well I just rented Bioshock for the Xbox360 and completed it. Great game by the way. So now you know how a nerd survives without a computer, he turns to his beloved gaming console for support. Oh and my wife was going on about me ignoring my family or something, I don't know I was too busy shooting splicers. Then she complains when I tell her I need more RAM. Sheesh, some people.

4 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

lolzz, what a geek you are, bless ya!
I was away from my computer for almost a whole week! Imagine that! I actually read a few books...you know those things with pages and writing inside them? Some of those. Fun times.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Steph, books you say? I think I have some of those scattered on the floor of my study.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

RAMs or wifey? Tough choice. I hope you picked the right thing.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Kris, RAM it is. ;)

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home