Saturday, September 22, 2007

Back to basics...

I've just finished doing two weeks of training to teach me a whole lot of stuff that I already knew and is mostly irrelevant to my job. I won't bore you with the details, but essentially myself and my colleagues were told we would receive this training when we started...two years ago! It is only now that the powers that be have suddenly said, 'ok, now you have to do it.' As I could have told you before I'd done it, it was a big waste of time considering that over the two years I've been in my current job, I've kind of picked up that basic stuff we had to go through in the training.

I should also explain from the other side of the coin, the whole exercise is intended to give us an overview of what the people we will be supporting have to do, even if we don't end up doing it ourselves. I have no problem with that idea. The timing of the whole thing is what's stupid about it.

Anyway, I've finished it and let us never speak of the training again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

Don't you hate training...did you at least get paid for it?

12:13 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Of course.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home