Thursday, June 29, 2006

Viva la health!

I'm going on a self imposed health regime and I intend to blog about my progress (motivation permitting). The waist around my pants has slowly been getting tighter recently and I'm pretty sure it's not cause my pants are shrinking as my significant other suggests. Since high school I've been training in martial arts and until about 5 or so years ago I also did a good amount of weights training, so I consider myself reasonably fit. However in recent times as the other demands of life have crept up on me I've become a lot less active with even my training suffering as a result. I've eaten whole boxes of chocolate chip cookies, drunk litres of soft drink, devoured whole bars of family sized chocolate and gorged myself on various desserts, and that was just yesterday. Enough is enough, I need to eat more fruit and veg, drink no sugar or diet drinks and most importantly regain my physical activity. I want my washboard stomach back, women to swoon when they see me in the street and men to wonder when they see me, if one of the Greek statues from the museum has come to life and is wondering around the city. I will become healthy again damn it! So who's with me?.............Is that crickets I hear chirping? Did a tumbleweed just roll by?

2 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Tumbleweeds often roll around in my head.
Anyway! Good on you for getting fit again. I recently took the plunge too, and i feel so much better for it.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Steph, funny thing about life, that sometimes you have to force yourself to feel worse (eg. exercise pain/exhaustion) to feel better.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home