Tuesday, June 27, 2006

My avatar

People often ask me what that strange thing I use as my avatar is. Well actually no one has asked me at all, so for my own amusement I will explain. Some years ago I was traveling through South America and came across a certain tribe of Jivaro Indians. I did a few magic tricks for them and they started to view me as some kind of deity figure. After a while they became bored of my astounding antics and I began to hear whispers that one of them was going to ‘head hunt’ me. Thankfully I had one more trick up my sleeve. I borrowed a piece of grass matting from someone and rolled it up into a cylinder shape. Muttering a few words of magic gibberish, I unrolled it and inside a rifle had appeared. Everyone was amazed (as they love guns almost as much as their American neighbours), but asked me to get the hell out of their village as I was no David Copperfield. “Thank goodness for that,” I replied and flew back home. As a parting gift they gave me a shrunken head that is now one of my most treasured possessions. This is the item that appears as my avatar.

Of course I could be lying.

3 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

He looks like a burnt up Thunderbirds figurine!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Steph Ha,ha. Ok, so it's a bad photo! I took it on a crappy camera in weird lighting. Cause I respect you so much I will make a better photo ASAP. :-p

And why do you know what a burnt Thunderbirds figurine looks like???

1:25 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Errrr, lets just say i had to get revenge on behalf of Barbie. My brother was a complete twat, when we were growing up.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home