Friday, June 23, 2006

discarded syringe

So I was walking through the area where I work the other day, and I see a syringe lying on the ground next to one of those trees that they plant in the sidewalk. Well it got me thinking, and I’m really sick and tired of all these diabetic people who just throw their needles away after they’ve had their ‘hit’ of insulin. Who do they think they are, shooting up on a substance they’ve foolishly become dependant on? It’s sad really to think that a diabetic person can get so desperate for the insulin that they sometimes rob people at gun point. And on more than one occasion I’ve been walking down a street and I’m sure I’ve seen one of them gazing longingly at my properly functioning pancreas. I’m sure that with proper counseling these long suffering people can be helped.

Or maybe the syringe belonged to a common junkie…I don’t know I’m not psychic.

4 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Lol! Bloody lazy Diabetics!
Welcome to blogsville. :)

4:03 AM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Thank you. One day I hope to attract more than one, albeit famous blogger. ;-)

4:44 AM  
Blogger BEVIS said...

How's this, then?

Now you've got TWO famous <cough cough> bloggers!

2:09 AM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Yay, now I can quit my job and go full time on the blogging circuit.

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home