Monday, October 09, 2006

Crap Movies

A while ago, a friend of mine complained about my posts being too whiney. So to shut that whinging bastard up, here is a post where I am being positive and talking about something I enjoy. Bad movies. That’s right, I like really bad movies, particularly the horror genre. There is nothing better than sitting back and watching something that perhaps 10, 20 or 30 years ago was supposed to scare the dickens out of people, and laughing your head off. Only by watching these classics can one really appreciate how far movie special effects have come. One of my favourite bad movies is called ‘Troll 2’. It is obviously the sequel to ‘Troll’, which featured Julie Louise Dreyfus and Sonny Bono (who ironically also dies in the movie). Now Troll is about a, err Troll who with his magic powers is trying to turn an apartment building into a gateway to his own dimension by killing off the people in each apartment. However Troll 2 takes bad films to a new extreme. Firstly it is about goblins and not trolls. Secondly the actors are the drop-outs from the acting school where acting school drop-outs go after they first drop out of acting school (trust me this sentence makes sense). Thirdly the costume special effects are of a worse quality than if the film makers had gone to a local novelty store and picked up some bad Halloween masks. This film is so damn awful, it’s great. If you're lucky you might find the Troll/Troll2 DVD in your local video store. It’s a must see! I can almost guarantee you won’t see a crappier feature length movie this year!

To prove that I am not the only nutcase to like this sort of crap, check out this fan website!

2 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

I like to watch movies like that when I'm stoned.
I'll be leaving now.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

steph, I imagine they are even better in that state of mind!

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home