Saturday, September 23, 2006

I've joined civilisation

I finally have ADSL at home!!! Anyone who has put up with dial up for as long as I did can feel my relief. Its one thing to have broadband at work and be happy to be able to browse the web at reasonable speeds (although we’re still a lot slower than Europe and the US), when you are supposed to be working. But for all those times when you’re at home and wanting to check or download something, if you’re on dial up, you are constantly reminded of how bad it is.

The main thing that put me off broadband for so long was the price. Working in IT and still having to dial up to get to the Internet was also a secret shame. Finally I just gave in and bought a modem and got it DSL provisioned. Sure the novelty of having ADSL at home as well as work will wear off soon enough, but for now I’m riding the wave baby!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Ride it babbbyyyy! wooohhooo!

What was this post about again? ;)

6:39 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Steph, I've forgotten now, but I'm suddenly aroused for some reason.

3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home