Thursday, August 17, 2006

Random junk about me cause I don't have time to write a coherent post.

  • I had an intervention via the radio this morning. Robert Palmer came on and told me that I might as well face it, I was addicted to love. I thought, who the hell does he think he is to try and tell me what I'm addicted to!
  • When I was dating my wife, I sent her an sms that read, "If I could bottle my charm and wit, I'd be a rich man." (I'm often modest like that) She actually showed her mum the message which was kind of embarrassing, and annoyingly her mum later advised her not to marry me! (not solely based on that sms though!)
  • When I was in primary school I had a crush on the tallest girl at school. When my friends asked me if there were any girls that I liked, I said her name and they laughed (possibly cause I am not very tall). To cover up, I pretended I was joking, which they believed. I've always felt kind of guilty about that and wondered what might have been if I'd had the guts at the time to follow up on that crush.
  • So I was standing at the traffic lights today after just having pressed the button. About 30 seconds later this woman comes up from behind me and presses the button again. What the hell! Did she think I was an idiot who just stood at the edge of a road for my health? Obviously I was waiting for the pedestrian lights to go green and so does she think that pressing the button again would make the lights change faster? Naturally I pushed her into oncoming traffic.
  • There are many things I can't understand, but one of them is telemarketers who continue to try and talk, or win you over, even after you tell them that you are about to hang up. Often you hear them continue to chat, up till the second you put the phone down. What possesses them to think that phrases like, 'I'm busy', or 'I'm not in the slightest bit interested', or 'Go to hell', are indications that you want them to 'try' and win you over.
  • One of my most embarrassing ‘life moments’ was when I was a teenager and was in my family room wearing my pajamas (and no they didn’t have a Spiderman pattern on them!). My dad was standing in front of me and for some stupid reason I decided to do a side kick. The unfortunate result of me kicking my leg out to the side was that my….wang fell out of the hole in the front of the pajama bottoms. Needless to say that I don’t make a habit of flailing my legs about when I’m freeballing in loose pants these days.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

LOLZ. Don't be so hard on the lady at the lights. I'm a button pusher from way back, and firmly believe in the theory that pushing buttons repeatedly makes things run faster.
Leave me alone. It works for me.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Steph, psychology is a funny thing. People know deep down that it doesn't help, but the urge to press that button, even a few times is too strong for many to resist.

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home