Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Alas poor Yoric.

When I first started this blog, I didn't really have any goals with it. I did not have the intention of writing witty, topical satire, or fascinating anecdotes from my life. I didn't even plan this blog to be about reviews, or stories. In retrospect, this lack of direction may have been a mistake. Sure I could keep writing random spurts of vague creativity when I have the time or inclination, but what is the point I wonder.

I think I've stated before that I never was particularly concerned about having lots of people come and comment or read what I typed. If I had cared, I'm sure I would have given up on this blog long ago. Still there is something nice about knowing that even a handful of readers are slightly amused, entertained, or even take the time to skim and offer a quick comment now and then.

Like much of this blog, you might be wondering where I'm going. If you haven't already guessed, I'm thinking about taking Merlo's Blog to the vet to have it put down. My desire to write about anything is always sporadic and I often wonder what is the point of putting something in the public eye, if no eye even turns to it. Once I get to 100 posts (pretty soon) I will likely move on from here.

I suppose if I could come up with a theme or some kind of direction I could revamp this site, or create a new blog from scratch. Any suggestions/requests?

I will of course announce if and when I have finished for good.

8 Comments:

Blogger luckyluke said...

No more room for blogging in your life? It must be all that extra time you are spending on Facebook. :P

But seriously, perhaps you should start writing anecdotes about my life. I'm sure many of your regular correspondents would love that...especially Steph. This way she wouldn't need to call/email me so often to try and find out more about me. :D

luckyluke

5:22 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Oh Luckyluke, I can't help it, I'm in LOVE don't you know????

Javatari my sweet, start a Big Brother blog and we can indulge in blog wars every week. :P

Take care and I'll see you around the sphere no doubt (when I'm not chasing luke of course)

6:53 PM  
Blogger Javatari said...

luckyluke, I would write anecdotes about your life, but it sucks, and is less interesting than my own daily grind. ;)

Steph, I'm sure I'll still do a few more posts here, but then I'll lay it to rest.

I'll of course still visit you and flame you if you bring back your own BB blog. ;)

5:19 PM  
Blogger luckyluke said...

Steph said:
Oh Luckyluke, I can't help it, I'm in LOVE don't you know????


I told you she was smitten Javatari! That's $5 you owe me, which will be just enough to take my sweet little buttercup Steph to dinner...twice!

luckyluke

9:46 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Dude! What the hell am I supposed to read when you stop blogging, my own blog?!

6:01 AM  
Blogger Javatari said...

Kris, your blog gives a better narrative account of yourself than my does. I just feel like I'm blogging aimlessly now and I've grown tired of it.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

*whimpers* but I love aimless blogging...You are so good at it.

6:06 AM  
Blogger BEVIS said...

I agree with Kris.

Even I've come back to blogging!

Get yourself back into the game, boy!

(Not "into the GameBoy", you understand. That'd be a tight fit for anyone. I don't advise trying it.)

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home